PDA

View Full Version : Moto Droid/Moto ROCR headset - behavior after upgrade.

mporter88
08-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Hi. Great program. I use it daily.
However...after updating to Froyo...my bluetooth headset control will now only start the
stock music player. Even if Ambling is open and music playback service has been forced closed...pressing the start/play button on the Moto ROCR headset causes the Music Playback Service to restart.
I know that this is not, strictly speaking, "your problem"
but thought to post here in case you could give me some sort of workround.
Thanks.
mporter88

PS...Everything played nice before the upgrade. If ambling was up and music playback service was not...then ambling got the control.
That was not perfect as I had to manually start Ambling ...but was good enough.

Would be nice if there was a way to assign priority in case of conflicts like this..but that is better aimed at the android devs.

aeackman
08-04-2010, 04:12 PM
This isn't a new issue. I reported it here (http://amblingbookplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?123-Froyo-Bluetooth-AVRCP-Problem)on 7/15. Froyo handles AVRCP, which controls bluetooth play/pause/ff/rw buttons, differently than earlier versions of Android. Media apps have to be updated to work with the new behavior. Hopefully, Ambling will get updated soon. I've missed being able to use it, since I only use my bluetooth headphones with my phone.

a

mporter88
08-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks.
I searched but did not find the report.
MP

mporter88
08-04-2010, 11:26 PM
issue is described and code laid out here;
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010_06_01_archive.html

Howard
08-05-2010, 12:41 AM
We have implemented the code to use the new Froyo APIs that are required to request that the Bluetooth media control buttons be received by the Ambling BookPlayer.

We do not currently have a Froyo device to complete the testing of these code changes. I understand that the official 2.2 release for the Motorola Droid may be out by the end of this week which will allow us to complete the testing.

In the mean time if you would like to run a beta version to see if this works on your Froyo device I will send you a link where you can download the beta. We have tested the code with this change on earlier Android devices and it still runs as expected on those devices, and we have also tested it on the 2.2 emulator where it runs as expected. However the emulator does not support emulation of receiving Bluetooth media signals so we cannot yet confirm that the Bluetooth buttons are functioning correctly on Froyo devices by using the emulator.

If you want to try the beta version please send us an email at support@amblingbooks.com

Howard
08-21-2010, 02:41 PM
We have released the Ambling BookPlayer v2.02 which supports the new Froyo audio focus system.

For users with Froyo devices the player will now pause the audiobook when another audio interruption is about to occur (such as Google Maps giving navigation instructions) and then when the audio interruption has finished it will resume playing the audiobook again.

The player will resume 2.5 seconds prior to the point where the audio interruption occurred so that you can pick up the story before it was interrupted.