PDA

View Full Version : Player does not resume where left off

bovineyard
09-14-2010, 11:13 AM
When re-opening player, it starts at beginning of the file, rather than where you left off. If you pause and restart the play button, then it goes to the correct place. This is a new behavior since Froyo 2.2 update (Droid Incredible Froyo)

Howard
10-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Can you give me some more details about the problem?

Does this problem only happen with certain audiobooks (perhaps an encoding issue with the audio file)?

How often does this problem occur?

RapmasterT
12-15-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm having this same problem with Personal Edition. Pausing and restarting works fine, playback resumes in correct place. However, if the player is fully exited, the next play will result in playing at the start of the current chapter, not the correct place in the chapter. Pausing and starting again results in the playback jumping to the correct spot.

I only noticed this behavior start after I installed the Pro edition to try it out. I thought installing would upgrade the Personal version, but ended up with two installations of the app. After removing the pro edition trial, the above behavior started.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the problem remains.

Howard
01-20-2011, 06:42 PM
I have not found a consistent way to reproduce the issue. I have tried exiting and restarting the player, but this seems to resume at the correct place when the player starts again. There must be some other factor which causes the chapter position to get reset to the beginning.

In the v2.05 code which we just released, we have made a change in recording the ending bookmark position which we hope will address the problem you have seen. However since we have not found any consistent way to recreate the issue we have been unable to confirm the fix.

After upgrading to the new version please let us know if you still see this issue.

BobbyBoJ
01-26-2011, 08:16 PM
I am having the same problem (Ambling Player Lite version 2.06, HTC Incredible, Android 2.2). When I open the book and play for the first time, the first press of the play button starts me at the beginning of the current chapter. Pressing pause, then play again reverts to the "bookmarked" location where I left off the previous time. This has done this consistently EVERY time I have used the Lite player. It also has happened with both books I have listened to (Hound of the Baskervilles and Treasure Island).

tstorch
04-20-2011, 12:38 AM
I have seen the same problem. It only happens after a certain period of time. I also have noticed a similar problem related to length of time where my book marks do not return to where I left off. If I pause the audio or bookmark and immediately try it the audio returns to where I left off. Only if I give it some time does it not return. Usually it goes about 5 minutes in the past. I had the exact same problem with a freeware audiobook player which is why I purchased the Ambler book reader. I'm assuming that both audio players are using the same underlying API for keeping track of byte offsets in mp3 files. Perhaps something to do with SDCard mounts which seem troublesome on Android.

Howard
05-08-2011, 09:40 PM
We have made a change in the way the Ambling BookPlayer saves the current position information which we hope will resolve the problem seen on some devices where the player sometimes did not resume at the last play position. If you have a device where this problem was occurring and would be willing to test the v2.09 beta to see if the problem has been resolved, please contact us at support@amblingbooks.com

Howard
07-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Please let us know if anyone is still having this problem on their device. We have a special build of the player which will trace the position information and then allow you to email us the trace from your Android. This trace will allow us to track down the cause of issues with the player not resuming play at the correct location.

If you are still seeing this issue after installing the v2.09 player for Android, please email us at support@amblingbooks.com and we will give you instructions for downloading this special build that can trace the position issue.

Howard
07-25-2011, 05:23 PM
We have fixed a problem in the player code which seeks to the correct play position in the audio file. This should resolve the problem that people have seen on some Android devices where the player sometimes does not resume at the correct position in the file after exiting and reloading the player.

This fix is in v2.10 which was released on July 25, 2011.