PDA

View Full Version : Received authentication challenge is null

TheKiteGuy
10-05-2010, 02:35 AM
Last night I purchased three audiobooks from the ambling books website. However, when attempting to download them via wifi on my HTC Hero 2.1 with Ambling Book Player 2.03, two of them consistently fail in specific chapters with "Received authentication challenge is null". I have tried "Retry", "Reload Book" and also deleting the book from SD card and library and then redownloading and the same thing happens.

The books in question are "Devils in Exile" (Chapters 1-4, 6 & 7 inferred from the Download Manager screen) and the unabridged "The Ghost" (Chapter 9). I have been able to successfully download Mr. Murder and have previously been able to download "A Most Wanted Man".

The location where I was downloading the books from had a very weak wifi signal, so the phone may have lost the connection briefly at some point during the initial downloads. Repeated attempts to redownload them do not seem to be able to rectify this though as it consistently fails in the same place.

Due to the high failure rate (2 out of 3 or 4), I infer that this may be an issue with the phone, and not with the specific books in question.

Howard
10-06-2010, 09:31 PM
I have recreated this same issue. It appears to be a problem with the logic on the web site which grants access to the files which you have purchased. Apparently for these books it is allowing access to some of the files, but not all the files.

The web site developers are working on resolving the problem now.

Please contact me at support@amblingbooks.com and let me know your amblingbooks.com user account name and I will issue you a credit toward future book purchases because you have had to wait to download the books you purchased.

Howard
10-07-2010, 10:28 AM
The download permissions problem has been corrected on the server now.

Please retry downloading the two books where you saw the problem and let me know if you are now able to download the books successfully.

TheKiteGuy
10-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Thank you! The two books now download correctly. :)