PDA

View Full Version : Pro Insta Close

paulywg
11-06-2010, 10:51 PM
I just upgraded from free to Pro and now I cant get the program to Open it just instantly closes. EVO 2.2

Please Help :confused:

Howard
11-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Please contact me at support@amblingbooks.com so that I can work with you to try and find the cause of the problem

dkelly701
12-22-2010, 04:15 PM
I have had this problem several times. It is not a force close. The app opens and then immediatley closes. A reboot of my phone solves the problem. Did you every track down the source of this problem?

Motorola Droid 1 running Cyanogen 6.1.

dkelly701
12-23-2010, 12:42 PM
I have learned that you can use a task killer to kill Ambling and this will allow you to open it normally again.

Howard
12-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Thanks for posting the work around for the issue by closing down the player and restarting it.

The original poster never contacted me or provided any additional details about when the problem occurred. I have not been able to reproduce the issue. If you have any additional details that can help me to reproduce this issue that would be very helpful.

dkelly701
12-28-2010, 07:56 PM
I have been using your book playerabout about 3 weeks and this issue has only happend twice. I did not notice any common event leading up to the error. I looked and you do not appear to have a debug log setting so that I can try to get data for you. If it keeps happening I will try to see if I can see any type of pattern. Perhaps for your next update you can add a way to turn a debug log on so that users can help you troubleshoot.

Thanks for posting the work around for the issue by closing down the player and restarting it.

The original poster never contacted me or provided any additional details about when the problem occurred. I have not been able to reproduce the issue. If you have any additional details that can help me to reproduce this issue that would be very helpful.

pamzilla
01-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi
this happens to me everytime I use the htc music player between sessions, and just because once or twice. I have the pro version. I also go around restarting the phone which is a pain in the neck. Any chance to get this fixed please????

Howard
01-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the additional information about the problem occurring when the music player plays after the audiobook player.

I have not been able to reproduce this issue, but because of the information you provided we have made some changes in the way that the player shuts down when the audio focus system notifies the player that another application has requested the audio focus. These changes are include in the v2.05 release.

Please let me know if you still see this issue after you have upgraded to the new release.