PDA

View Full Version : Downloading problem

garrett
12-06-2010, 09:13 AM
I have a problem downloading books on my HTC running froyo 2.2. It say problem 948. Also after downloading the book it says 'download completed with errors'. It also says 'read only file system'. when I try to play the chapters a lot of them are missing sporadically. Error 930 has come up as well. I have tried installing and uninstalling the bookplayer as well as switching the phone on and off. Any help would be appreciated...

Howard
12-08-2010, 06:59 PM
It sounds like the player is unable to write to the SD card. Does the SD card you are using have a switch that can be moved to make the SD card read only or read/write? It was fairly common on the original size SD cards to have a switch like this, but less common on the micro SD cards. Other things to check would be is the SD card full or is the SD card reporting any problems with the file system. If you plug your Android into your computer and then select the notification bar option for "USB connected" -> "Turn on USB storage" the SD card will be mounted as a drive on your computer. Check to see if the computer reports any problems which need to be repaired on the drive and if you have any issues saving a file to the SD card from your computer. Note that while the SD card is mounted as a drive on the computer you will not be able to access it from the Android phone.

The two problem codes you mentioned are both in the player code which synchronizes book, author, and narrator ratings between the AmblingBooks.com web site and the player. These problems are unrelated to downloading audiobooks or storing them on the SD card. We have fixed these issues and the fixes will be included in our next release.