PDA

View Full Version : Cant Add Books from Sd Card Pro Verision 2.04

infinitef
01-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Hello Howard,
Today i tried adding a new audiobook from the sd card and it locked up on the "adding audio files" screen. I was still able to play the books that where already added. Trying to fix the issue i deleted all the audio books from the sd card and reloaded them along with uninstalling and reinstalling amblingbooks pro Version 2.04. At this point i can not get it to add any books it locks up on the "adding audio files" screen each time.

I am using a droid X, i recently upgraded to a 32GB sd card. Let me know if you need any more information. Please help, i love this app and use it everyday! I will go crazy with out it!!!

Thanks so much!
Spencer

infinitef
01-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Update:
It will add the audio files if when it is trying to load the files i go back i select the audio book and then select "edit book info" then select "edit audio files" then select "add audio files" and select the files again.

Let me know if you need any more information to figure this out!

Thanks for building such a awesome application!!

kevinjanet
01-05-2011, 11:38 AM
How do you get to the edit book info button? When I hit add audio files it comes back to the library screen and the new book is not shown there. I can check the status which shows that it is trying to download but nothing happens I even let it go over night.
I have a Droid X too.
I wish I could get your work around to work for me.

bovineyard
01-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I also am having the problem of the loader freezing up when adding books from SD card or onboard memory (droid incredible). I downgraded to 2.03, and the problem went away. Fortunately, I had a backup copy of 2.03 before I upgraded.

Howard
01-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Version 2.04 uses a new way of loading the audio files which reads both the audio play time duration and the ID3 tags at the same time. We found that with this change a problem was introduced where the player sometimes does not show the error screen to report problems if there was a problem reading some of the files. The error screen will not be displayed if either 1) all of the audio files have errors, or 2) after successfully reading an audio file no other files after that get an error. When all files get an error the player just returns to the library screen and the new book is not added.

Errors could be things like an unsupported or encrypted audio file type, or some type of corruption with the audio file.

We have fixed the issue with the errors not being displayed for the next release. However I do not know why this would be causing the loading process to freeze.

Could you give me some more details about the files you are loading? How many files are there in the book? What are the file extensions? Do you see a progress bar showing if any of the files were loaded?

If you will contact me at support@amblingbooks.com, we can also provide you with a beta of the next player version to you so that you can check if you still see this same issue.

Howard
01-20-2011, 07:35 PM
The issue with audio files with non-alphanumeric characters in the file name not being able to be loaded into a book has been fixed in the v2.05 release which is now available.