PDA

View Full Version : Error adding book

commonman
01-31-2011, 10:06 PM
During an attempt to add a book the process encountered an error, a #10 I believe. The results are: 1) can not add a book. only system files are shown, no data files and a link to an error message show on the front pull down screen with an error message that says, "error 1 of 160" " "not an audio file", "done", "next error" and the heading reads "finished adding audio files". I am able to play the book currently loaded, but cannot add new ones. I have attempted to reload the first one that provided the error and two subsequent books. The error message listed above does not change. Need guidance. Thank you. CM

Howard
02-04-2011, 11:52 PM
If you are seeing a message that says "not an audio file", that means that the check to see if the file is playable failed.

Here are some things to check if you see this message for a file that you know is an audio file:

1) Does the file end in the correct file extension for the type of audio file that it is? Depending on which device you have and which version of the Android OS you are using the file might not be playable if it ends in an unexpected extension. Check to see if the file ends in an expected file extension like mp3 or ogg

2) Is the file you are trying to play encrypted with some type of Digital Rights Management (DRM) encryption? Files which are encrypted cannot be played by the Android audio system.

3) Is the file a file type which is not supported by the Android audio system? The Ambling BookPlayer can play all the standard audio file formats supported by Android devices. This includes the following formats: .mp3, .ogg, .mp4, .wav, .3gp, and .m4a. Some Android devices can also play the .wma audio format.

Many people have audio books that are in the .m4b format because iPod and iPhone devices track the current play location in .m4b files. The Android audio system does not support the .m4b format. If you want to play these files there are many utilities available which can convert an m4b file to an mp3 file. Search for "m4b to mp3" and you will see a lot of choices for utilities that can do this.

commonman
02-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Howard, Thanks for the response. There appeared to be no problem with the .mp3 files. I deleted the entire BP app and book file data. Then downloaded the lite app from Market. Since I could not download PRO without paying for it again I restored from my sd card then upgraded to 2.7 from Mobihand (my retailer). To test if things were now working I downloaded a free book from your site. It played fine. I now am having trouble during the deletion process. The files are gone. They will no longer play, yet the book remains resident in the application and displays in the library. When I long press to delete the book I received the message "Edit Series Information". Is it time for a PM, or telephone conversation? cm

Howard
02-13-2011, 02:08 PM
When you delete a book the delete confirmation dialog box has two checkboxes. These checkbox settings determine if the audio files will be deleted from the SD card, and if the book will be removed from your library. To completely remove the book you need to check both boxes.

When you hold your finger down on the book title in your library you should see a pop up menu which has multiple options listed on the menu. "Edit Series Information" is one option that will be on the menu (if you have the Pro edition) and "Delete Book" will be a different option on the menu. You need to select the "Delete Book" option to remove the book from the library.

Our support number is 801-804-0950 if you want to call.

Howard
05-08-2011, 09:48 PM
We have made a change in the player so that it will always check audio file validity two different ways. This change should resolve the problem that occurs on certain Android devices with certain audio files where the player would incorrectly report that the file is not a valid mp3 file. If you have a device and audio file where you have seen this problem and are interested in trying the v2.09 beta to see if the issue has been resolved, please contact us at support@amblingbooks.com

Howard
07-25-2011, 05:30 PM
The v2.09 release has fixed the problem with some audio files getting errors while loading on some Android devices.