PDA

View Full Version : Moving Database and Files on Windows Version

Pict
03-24-2011, 03:30 PM
I am soon to be getting an HTC Desire HD and looking at adding the pro version of this audio player.

I have gathered 26gb worth of audiobooks over the years and want to include these in my library. These are in mp3 format currently but can be converted to other format.

It would be much easier if I could process these books using the Windows desktop version but I can see no way of adding existing files into the desktop library.

In addition is it possible to move the location that the desktop downloads files to. Currently it is placing the database and downloaded files in my documents and this is not where I wish them to be. I have all the files stored on a separate drive and would prefer if I could point the desktop version to this location.

I have browsed through the User Manual forum but cannot see the answers I require. I really do not wnaty them stored in My Docs

Thanks

Howard
03-26-2011, 11:33 AM
We currently only have the Lite version of our player available on Windows. We are working on the Pro edition for windows which will let you add your existing audiobooks. With the Pro edition you will be able to add audiobooks from any location, so having your audio files on a separate drive will work fine.

Is storing the database information under your My Documents folder a problem with your setup? We could look at adding a preference setting to let you select where the database and downloaded audio files are stored.

Pict2
03-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Storing a small database file within My Docs is not an issue.

When I download a book using the desktop version it places the downloaded audio files within My Documents though and that is what I am not keen on. These files can then not be moved as it will then try to download the files again. I would like them to be downloaded to my folders on the external drive.

Will a purchaser of the Android version be entitled to the desktop Pro version or will this be an additional cost?

Thanks

For some reason the forum will not accept my username/password. Have requested the password reset info 3 times and although it says an email has been sent I have received nothing. Had to re-register using an alternative email address

Howard
07-25-2011, 05:34 PM
The v1.02 release of the Windows player now includes a setting so that you can specify the location where you would like the player to store the audio files.