PDA

View Full Version : It's not possible to continue or skip on my Galaxy S2

Martin
07-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Hello,

first of all, sorry for my bad english.

I have one big problem using Ambling Audiobook Player Pro 2.0.8 on a Samsung Galaxy S2(2.3.3).

If i stop playing a track for example at 15.43, it is not possible to continue at this part of the track. It just starts from the beginning but the time stands still at 15.43 and i cant skip because i can only skip within the first five minutes, sometimes a few more/less seconds.

It's very annoying, any solutions to handle this problem?

If you need further information, do not hesitate to ask.

P.S.: How many mistakes did i make?

Regards from Germany
Martin

Howard
07-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Your English is good, and your post is very clear.

Several other users have reported having this same issue. The issue only occurs on certain devices and Android OS versions. Unfortunately it does not occur on any of the devices we have to test with.

We are in the process of creating a special version of the player which will log what is happening, specifically to track down some of these issues which only occur on certain devices. We are hoping that someone with a device that has this problem will run this special test version for us on their device and send us the resulting log which we can then use to identify the cause of the problem.

Some people have reported that this problem occurs when they first load the application, and that a temporary work around it to press the pause button, and then press the play button again. Apparently when they press the play button it resumes playing at the correct location.

Howard
07-25-2011, 06:25 PM
We have fixed a problem in the player code which seeks to the correct play position in the audio file. This should resolve the problem that people have seen on some Android devices where the player sometimes does not resume at the correct position in the file after exiting and reloading the player.

This fix is in v2.10 which was released on July 25, 2011.