PDA

View Full Version : Question re Librivox content

drumtrucker
01-31-2010, 05:31 PM
When downloading a Librivox book with ABP, where are the files coming form exactly? The reason I am asking is I found a problem with 'Tarzan - The Jewels of Opar'. Chapter 18 is actually a repeat of Chapter 17.

When I went directly to Librivox, the files are correct. So when using ABP are the files coming from ABP server, not Librivox?

I posted this first in Librivox forum:
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23849&start=0

Howard
01-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this problem.

The audio files do come directly from the Librivox servers, but there is a book description file which provides the player with all the information about the book name, author, chapter titles, audio files needed, etc. which comes from our web server.

I checked our web site and found that there was a typo in the book description file on our web server which was causing the player to load chapter 17 twice. We have now corrected this problem.

Please hold your finger down on this book title in your library for 3 seconds so that the pop up menu appears. Then select the "Reload Book" option from the pop up menu. This will cause the player to reread the book description file for the book from our web site. The player will then check all of the audio files that you have previously downloaded against the new book description file. You should see the player download the one audio file that was missing for chapter 18.

We really appreciate your letting us know that this book was not playing properly.

drumtrucker
01-31-2010, 11:38 PM
I had already obtained and listened to 18 directly from Librivox. I am glad the problem is fixed for future downloaders though!

Keep up the good work. I am going to buy PRO soon.