PDA

View Full Version : Saving settings

norm
04-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Another question, please. Importing all my books and creating series etc takes quite a lot of time. How can I backup all my settings for the day when I may have to do a hard reset? Sorry if the answer is obvious but I am very new to Android.

Howard
04-08-2010, 08:46 AM
The Ambling BookPlayer Pro edition lets you save out all the information you have entered about any book that you loaded from the SD card. These are the steps:

1) Go to the audiobook library screen where you see the names of your audiobooks.
2) Hold your finger down for 3 seconds on the name of the book you want to save.
3) When the pop up menu appears select the "Save Book Description" option

The book description will be written out in an XML file that is located in the /audiobooks/descriptions directory on your SD card. The information that is saved includes the book title, author name, narrator name, publisher, copyright information, the book cover image file location, the list of all the audio files that are part of the book along with their sizes and play durations, and the list of all the chapters that are part of the book including the chapter heading, chapter title, and the chapter play duration.

The book description file will reference the audio files and the book cover image based on the directory where you have those files stored on the SD card.

If you have to reset your phone, you can reload the information you saved by following these steps:

1) Go to the audiobook library screen where it lists your books.
2) Press the MENU button on the phone
3) On the menu select the "Add Book From SD Card" option
4) On the pop up menu that appears select the "Read Book Description File" option
5) A list will then show you all the book description files that are in the /audiobooks/descriptions directory, from this list select the book to be reloaded