PDA

View Full Version : Bookmarks issue with BookPlayer Pro v1.02 on Windows

gunther
09-17-2011, 03:56 AM
Hello

as I'm very happy with the Android version of the BookPlayer I got the windows Pro version for the PC as well.

With this version I have an annoying problem with the bookmarks though: The player seems to be able to set bookmarks just fine, but I can't play back any of them in the bookmarks menu, also the dropdown-button seems to serve no function.

Is this a known issue by any chance? Would appreciate any help as this problem renders the player kind of unusable..

thx
gunther

Howard
10-04-2011, 08:59 AM
I tested the favorite bookmark functionality on the Windows player and it worked properly for me. When I view the list of saved bookmarks and click on one of the bookmarks the player starts playing at that bookmark position. When I click on the drop down button I see a menu with 3 options to 1) go to the bookmark, 2) view/edit the bookmark notes, or 3) delete the bookmark. These also seemed to function properly.

Perhaps the problem you are seeing may be an issue with the version of Java installed on your computer. Please check to see that you have the most recent version of Java installed. You can get the most recent version from http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you need to install both the 64-bit and the 32-bit versions of Java on your machine in order for all Java applications to run properly.

After updating to the latest version of Java you might also need to reinstall the Ambling BookPlayer before it will work correctly.