PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth controls

johncv
09-21-2011, 04:02 PM
I am having problems with the pause/play controls using my bluetooth device. I understand that Android controls which program is controlled when I press the buttons on my device but I am been having more and more issues since the last update. The main issus is that sometimes while I am listening to a book and press the play/pause button on my bluetooth device, the program will crash and my default music player will start in which case I have to press play/pause again to stop the music. When I go back to play again I have to reopen Ambling and it is at the library screen so I have to select the book I am on and then play/pause will work again for a while. The other issue I have I think is a problem with Android, but I will pause a book and the go back to play it later and when I press play/pause it will start my default music player again, as far as I understand it Android should play the last program that was being used, but it doesn't seem to work all the time.

I am running a stock Droid X with Froyo. Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Howard
10-04-2011, 08:50 AM
The handling of which application gets the Bluetooth buttons has been problematic on the Android. There is an nice API where applications ask for control of the buttons, but the problem is that the default music player grabs the buttons away on various events.

Prior to the last release we competed with the default media player by re-registering for control of the buttons every couple of seconds. We recently found some specific events where the default media player grabbed the buttons and put in some code to specifically grab them back when those events occurred, instead of asking for them every couple of seconds. It appears that there are still some other events where the default media player is also grabbing the buttons.

We are looking for a way to get the buttons back after the notification event, or we will go back to just asking for them every couple of seconds again in our next release.