PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Gingerbread

dkelly701
09-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I recently upgraded from an original Motorola Droid to a Motorola Bionic running Android 2.3.4. and have two problems.

1. I listen mostly using bluetooth headphones. I launch Ambling Book Player Pro and the headset controls work properly. After listening for a while, if I use the headset controls to try to pause Ambling Book Player, the Android Music Player begins to play instead, while the book player continues to play. If I press pause again, both Ambling Book Player and the music player stop. When I wake the phone up, the book player library screen is showing. If I press the back button at this point, the book player closes.

2. Periodically, I will get a message from the built in task manager in Gingerbread telling me that Ambling Book Player has been running for 45 minutes and asks me if I want to shut it down. Ambling Book Player is the only app that generates this message. I checked the settings in the task manager and there is not an exclude list. There is a check box to send notifications for apps using a lot of cpu, but I don't have this box checked.

Thanks.

Howard
10-04-2011, 09:44 AM
The handling of which application gets the Bluetooth buttons has been problematic on the Android. There is an nice API where applications ask for control of the buttons, but the problem is that the default music player grabs the buttons away on various events.

Prior to the last release we competed with the default media player by re-registering for control of the buttons every couple of seconds. We recently found some specific events where the default media player grabbed the buttons and put in some code to specifically grab them back when those events occurred, instead of asking for them every couple of seconds. It appears that there are still some other events where the default media player is also grabbing the buttons.

We are looking for a way to get the buttons back after the notification event, or we will go back to just asking for them every couple of seconds again in our next release.