PDA

View Full Version : Problem adding new audio files to existing books

bovineyard
04-30-2010, 09:22 PM
When I attempt to add audio files to an existing book, I go through all the steps, and when it gets to the end, and you have selected the files to add, and select "add selected files", a dialouge box opens asking you add an audio book, so you end up with a new extra book(s), rather than one book with the combined audio files......how do you stop this?

Howard
05-01-2010, 12:23 AM
This is a bug that was introduced in the v1.16 release. The code that processes the audio files that are being loaded from the SD card was rewritten in the v1.16 release to use a background service to do the processing. This was done to make the processing go faster, provide better feedback regarding the progress and any problems, and to avoid problems that can happen on the Android when activities are destroyed during a screen rotation or when the device goes into power saving mode.

The code which should have detected that the new audio files were to be added to an existing book had an incorrect comparison which we discovered the day after v1.16 was released. This problem has been fixed and the fix will be included in our next version which should be released soon.

If you would like I can provide you with a link that will let you download a beta version of the next release that includes this fix. Please let me know if you would like to get the beta version.

Howard
05-02-2010, 10:47 AM
We have released a newer version which includes the fix for this problem. Please upgrade to v1.17 or later so that you can add additional audio files to an existing book.