PDA

View Full Version : Play starting when car connects to blue-tooth

Joe
05-17-2010, 05:02 AM
I have a Ford Escape with "SYNC" and a Motorola Droid. For my current book, I have noticed that when I turned on my connection to the book player, I am often several minutes ahead of where I thought I should be in my book. As it turns out, it looks like the book player is now starting to play when the car does its Bluetooth connect to the Droid rather than waiting until I actually turn-on the audio connection to player.

This seems to be different behavior than a few weeks ago. Have you changed anything in version 1.18 that might effect when the player starts after a Bluetooth connection is established?

Thanks

Howard
05-17-2010, 08:26 AM
No changes were made to the Bluetooth or headset connection behavior in the v1.18 or v1.17 releases.

There is a preference setting called "Headset Connect Play" which controls if the player will automatically start to play when a headset is connected. You can disable this in the preferences to stop the player from beginning to play when the headset connects.

I will put this on our list of problems to check. Perhaps we can alter the behavior of the "Headset Connect Play" feature so that when you have it enabled the player will not start to play when a Bluetooth headset is connected. Bluetooth can sometimes connect without your even being aware that it happened.

You can use the "Play history" button or the "Undo" button to return to the location where the player started playing when the headset connect was detected. Disabling the "Headset Connect Play" option in the preferences will stop this from happening.

Joe
05-17-2010, 02:53 PM
I'll try to do a little experiment to confirm when I next get a chance, but my preferences were already set to have "Headset Connect Play" turned off, so it looks like that's not a solution. I'll try it both ways in case I'm misunderstanding the setting.

I was already using the "undo" to get back to the right place, but I was not actually aware of the play history list.It seemed to me that I was having to go back more steps than I expected given what I thought was going on, so maybe that will shed some light on what it going on.