Thread: Adding books from local computer

Question Adding books from local computer

Hi,

Happy New Year one and all!!!

I have the Ambling Bookplayer Pro edition for windows, and it works very well. However their is one thing that I would like to see
    added to the windows edition of the book player.

When I add audio files from my computer, I have to select each file in a folder individually. This is annoying and time consuming.

Is it possible to add a "select all" button? or something that would allow us to load all the files in a folder in one go.

I am new to this bookplayer, and it maybe that it is already possible to do this. If so, please explain how.

Many thanks.

Ambling Books Support

When you are selecting the audio files to be added to a book, the standard Windows selection keys will work to allow you to quickly select multiple files.

1) Simultaneously pressing the Ctrl and A keys will select all the files in the current directory.

2) Holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on a file name with the mouse will mark that file as selected (without unmarking any previously selected files).

3) Holding down the Shift key and clicking on a file name with the mouse will mark all the files as selected between the previous file that you most recently marked and the file you just clicked on (without unmarking any previously selected files).

Using these Window selection key strokes will allow you to quickly select many files to be added to the audio book. These same keystrokes also work many other places in Windows for selecting items.