Thread: Ambling Books web site

Ambling Books Support

Default Ambling Books web site

We are working hard to complete the Ambling Books web site which will offer a wide variety of both free and paid audiobooks. Currently we expect the web site to come online in February 2010.

Until the web site comes online we can only offer free public domain audiobooks for download. After the web site comes online you will also be able to purchase audiobooks.

After our web site comes online you will also be able to add new audiobooks that will the be available for download. Until that time if you have a specific free public domain audiobook that you would like to see added to the ones that are already available for download please let us know. We will try to add these books for you so that you can download them to the Ambling BookPlayer.

What is the expected release time for the amblingbooks site? Obviously Feb. is over.

Also, can you tell me if all the audiobooks that will be purchasable will be DRM free books? This is a very important consideration for me. I currently use EMusic's audiobook store over Audible for this reason.

Ambling Books Support

The new web site is very close to completion. At this point it looks like it will be online in about 3 weeks.

All of the audiobooks for sale on the site will be DRM free.

Any status update on the amblingbooks site?

Ambling Books Support

We are very close to bringing the new amblingbooks.com site online. I have delayed replying to your question, as I was hoping to reply with the news that the site had gone online, but it looks like we are still another week away from the site launch.

Creating this site has been a huge undertaking and has taken much longer to complete than we originally planned. The good news is that the site is now fully functional and running, and the integration with the book player has been completed. We are just finishing the final testing and fixing issues in last areas of the site.

Right now it looks like the site will go live the first week in June. We are excited about all the new functionality and additional value that the new site will provide for everyone that loves listening to audiobooks.

Ambling Books Support

We are very happy to announce that the amblingbooks.com web site went live on June 11th and today we released the Ambling BookPlayer v2.00 which works with the new web site.

The number of audiobooks that are available for download will be increasing daily, and will include both free audio content and premium audio content for sale.

Check out the new site and then let us know what you think about the site.